#1410 Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1410 Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

Just for Roughale: no, this is not the first D&D film; back in the year 2000, there was "Dungeons & Dragons" starring Jeremy Irons, which got two sort-of sequels on TV in "Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God" and "Dungeons & Dragons: The Book of Vile Darkness". For this fourth adaptation, directors Johnathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley (who previously directed #1206 "Game Night") teamed up with Michael Gilio, who provided the basic story for this not really all that epic but often humorous tale of a ragged band of thieves out to save the city of Neverwinter - yes, this movie plays in the Forgotten Realms.

Here is the trailer:

And how did you like the film? I'm more into RoleMaster myself, but I have dabbled in (A)D&D as a pen-and-paper role-playing game back in the 1980s and 1990s, though I never got into the computer versions. But I could recognize quite a few classic D&D monsters. But what did you think about the story of "Honor Among Thieves", and how did you like the perfomances of this ensemble cast? Please let us know in a reply to this posting.
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1410 Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Beitrag von Roughale »

Einfach nur schlecht...

Schauspiel mies
Handlung ein Flickenteppich ohne Erzählfluss
Rollenspielbezug sehr gering, eigentlich nur ein paar Namedrops und wenige Monster aus dem reichen D&D Fundus
Effekte teilweise unterirdisch, besonders das Reh oder was das war in der Stadt, aber manche Sachen hatten wohl mehr Geld bekommen und sahen passabel aus, zB der Steindrache.

Die Drehbuchschreiber und Macher haben wohl nur Einzen gewürfelt, mein Würfelergebnis ist eine 5.
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Antworten