#1310 My Spy

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1310 My Spy

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

Before you're asking (in fact, quite a few already did that after the film): no, the rule that the sneak film of the night will not be shown in the trailer show hasn't changed. The trailers for coming attractions are chosen by the cinema, and this time, it was someone new who hadn't got the memo. Well, mishaps happen - and we apologize for any inconvenience or confusion that might have caused.

Moving on to the film - it's the second sneak film starring Dave Bautista in a variation of the buddy cop formula - or should I say "Kindergarten Cop"? 8) "My Spy" is the brain child of brothers Joe and Erich Hoeber, who previously penned the two spy comedies in the "RED" franchise, but also had a hand in board game adaptation "Battleship" and monster shark movie "The Meg". The film was directed by comedy veteran Peter Segal, who among other things made Adam Sandler pic "The Longest Yard" (Sneak #0564), spy spoof "Get Smart" (#0707) and boxing flic "Grudge Match" (#0990).

For those of you who missed it in the trailer show, here once again is "My Spy":

And how did you enjoy the film? Did you like the premise, the comedy, and/or the performances by Bautista, child actress Chloe Coleman (who, at 11 years of age already played TV - and more recently movie - roles for more than six years), comedienne Kristen Schaal as "tech" Bobbi, and Ken Jeong as CIA boss Kim? Please tell us what you thought about "My Spy" - so that we don't have to bug your tech to find out ... :twisted:
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1310 My Spy

Beitrag von Roughale »

Durch den Fehler, dass der Trailer zu dem Film in der Trailerrolle eingebaut war kann ich nur sagen, dass das den ersten Lacher produziert hat, weil wir vorne einstimmig den Film als vollkommen sneaktauglich bewertet hatten - also nix passiert ;)

Der Film war meist kurzweilig, eine kurze Länge im Mittelteil fiel kaum negativ auf und Bautista hat derzeit einen guten Run und mausert sich zum neuen Comedy Muskelpaket ;) 2+
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
cantarina
mySneak Novice

Beitrag von cantarina »

Herrliche Kombi mit Dave Bautista in einer Glanzrolle mit einer sehr niedlichen und altklugen neunjährigen Darstellerin als Gegenüber! Die Anfangssequenz hat mich besonders begeistert, wenn unser CIA-Bautista schier verzweifelt angesichts der grottigen Musikbegleitung durch diverse Radiosender... Manche Szenenabläufe waren ein wenig vorhersehbar, doch die echt schönen humorigen Effekte überwogen. Sehr fein auch der Umgang mit Pyrotechnik und Autojagd. Gut geeignete Unterhaltung für den Montagabend. 1-
rou
mySneak Aficionado

Beitrag von rou »

Ja, dafür dass der Film sehr vorhersehbar war und keine nennenswerte Story hatte, war er sehr unterhaltsam. Guter Sneak-Film!
How can you read when you're blind?
Antworten