#1401 A Man Called Otto

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1401 A Man Called Otto

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

First of all, a clarification: as I mentioned at the Sneak, my first Tom Hanks film was indeed "Dragnet" (1987), I also saw "Splash" (1984), but not until 1989 after I had already seen "Big" (1988).

"A Man Called Otto" was first released in 2012 as a novel by Swedish blogger-turned-author Fredrik Backmann under the title "En man som heter Ove". This was also the name of a swedish-language movie adaptation by Hannes Holm in 2015. Screenwriter David Magee ("Life of Pi") changed the location and the nationalities of the main charactera, but left the story of the film and book pretty much intact for this english-language adaptation:

How did you like the film, which gave Hanks an at least partially surprising role as the cantankerous widower? then again, the revelations about Otto's past more fit Hanks' usual profile (in flashbacks, Otto was played by Hanks' son Trevor, who does not look much like him)... How did you like the story, and the often dry jokes? Please let us know in a reply to this posting.
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1401 A Man Called Otto

Beitrag von Roughale »

Beim Reinkommen ins Kino sah ich das grosse Poster und dachte ich hätte Bock auf Otto und war bei der Trailerrolle eigentlich sicher, dann kam die Mitteilung kein Richtigtipper, das hat mich kurz stutzen lkassen, dann Kasis Intro hat mich wieder überzeugt und so kam es...

Tom Hanks sehe ich wirklich gerne und hier mal als Grumpy Old Man war mal etwas anderes aber gut, wirklich gut. Der Film hatte trotzdem eine gute Grundstimmung, denn alle arbeiteten gegen seine grumpiness und so wurde aus dem Scrooge dann doch noch ein netter Neighbor und man hatte beautifu days in the neighborhood :mrgreen:

Die weiteren Rollen waren auch gut besetzt und das Ende war realistisch und passte einfach, mehr will ich nicht spoilern...

Den richtigen Bus hab ich auch noch erwischt, da kann ich nur eine 1 geben, mache ich auch!
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Antworten