#1397 Blueback

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1397 Blueback

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

"Blueback" is the brainchild of australian filmmaker Rober Connolly, who has been working in the industry for almost 25 years, and according to the IMDb bio blurb, he is "one of Australia's most acclaimed and best-known filmmakers" - though I must confess that I haven't seen any of his previous efforts, neither for TV nor for the big screen. "Blueback" is in party mother-daughter drama, coming-of-age story - and of course the tale of a girl befriending a Blue Groper, as can be seen in the trailer:

Well, the film featured many beautiful (and some not so beatiful) views of the life "under the sea", plus, the writer-director got some well-known aussie actors for the main parts like Radha Mitchell, Eric Bana, and Mia Wasikowska. How did you like their performances? How did you enjoy the storytelling, which went back and forth through time? And how much is the did you like the fish? Please let us know in a reply to this posting.
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1397 Blueback

Beitrag von Roughale »

Der Beginn war für mich recht zäh, mal von den wunderschönen Unterwasseraufnahmen, aber das Zurückblenden in die Vergangenheit kam irgendwie zu holprig, was sich aber im Verlauf besserte, oder ich hab mich einfach dran gewöhnt. So steuerte ich in derr ersten Hälfte auf eine 3 zu aber am Ende komme ich zu einer 2-.
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
cantarina
mySneak Novice

Beitrag von cantarina »

War der Fisch jetzt echt?!? Wie auch immer, die Zeitsprünge waren gewöhnungsbedürftig, fand ich. Und die Dramatik war jeweils gut vorhersehbar. Zu gut. Die schauspielerischen Leistungen der Hauptakteure waren gelungen. Insgesamt eine 3.
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

cantarina hat geschrieben: 2022-12-13 10:45 War der Fisch jetzt echt?!?
In Nahaufnahmen war der Blue Groper ziemlich eindeutig animatronisch, was im Abspann durch entsprechende Nennung von "Puppeteers" bestätigt wurde. In den anderen Aufnahmen, wo er nicht so deutlich zu erkennen ist, würde ich auf CGI tippen.

Gruß
Kasi Mir
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Antworten