#1392 Armageddon Time

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1392 Armageddon Time

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

"Armageddon Time" is the newest feature by New Yorker fillmmaker James Gray, who rose to fame with festival darling "Little Odessa" almost thirty years ago. At the Sneak, we were treated to two of his crime dramas: #0343 "The Yards" (with Mark Wahlberg) and #0684 "We Own the Night" (with Joaquin Phoenix). This time, there is little (but not no) crime in the film, as this seems to have been gathered from collections from his own childhood in New York in the early 1980s - though I don't know what might be based on real events and what not. Two real-life persons found their way into this fictional story, though - namely Fred (played by John Diehl) and Maryanne (played by Jessica Chastain) Trump, the father and older sister of former US president Donald Trump.

Here's the trailer:

And how did you like the film, which mainly centered on jewish kid Paul (played by Banks Repeta, who also starred in #1372 "The Black Phone" earlier this year)? How about his parents, played by Jeremy Strong and Anne Hathaway? And what did you think of Grandpa Aaron (played by Anthony Hopkins)? And how did you enjoy the storytelling of "Armageddon Time"? Please let us know in a reply to this post.
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1392 Armageddon Time

Beitrag von Roughale »

Bei dem Titel und der 80er Jahre Zuordnung musste ich sofort an den Clash Cover Song Armagidion Time (ja das misspelling ist so gewollt!) denken und natürlich war er zu hören...

Eine gute Umsetzung des frühen Erwachsenwerden eines ca 12 Jährigen unter nicht allzu einfachen Umständen. Stark gespielt vom Heranwachsenden und wunderbare Chemie von ihm und Anthony Hopkins. War meist kurzweilig, leider irgendwie unzufriedenstellend beendet, aber immer noch eine 2 wert.
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Antworten