#1390 Call Jane

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1390 Call Jane

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

"Call Jane" is a true story about pre-roe-v-wade America ; it was dramatized for this film by Hayley Schore and
Roshan Sethi (whose expertise seems to be medical dramas for TV) and directed by theatre veteran Phyllis Nagy in her feature film debut in that role (though she previously penned the script for #1090 "Carol"). Here's the trailer:

Some more information about the Jane Collective was be found in this article. How did you like the film, which had a lighter tone than at least I expected? How did you enjoy the performances by the largely female cast, though I want to mention Chris Messina and Cory Michael Smith? Please let us know in a reply to this posting.
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1390 Call Jane

Beitrag von Roughale »

Ein Blick auf eine Zeit, wo die Amis gerade wieder hinunterfallen: Pures Mittelalter!

Somit gut zeitlich platziert und hoffentlich motiviert es eine neue Gegenbewegung!

Genug Politik für den Moment...

Der Film brauchte etwas, um in Fahrt zu kommen, ich denke das passierte dann so ab dem ersten Anruf bei Jane und als ich dann auch noch Sigourney Weaver sehen konnte, ging es bergauf für mich, aber auch die anderen Schauspieler lieferten gute Leistungen ab, somit gebe ich eine 2+
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Antworten