#1348 King Richard

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1348 King Richard

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

As the last year ended with an "Oscar" hopful, 2022 starts with another one. "Kind Richard" a biopic about the blue-collar Californian Richard Williams and his now legendary daughters Venus and Serena was written by a first-time screenwriter (who previously was mainly credited as property master or set dresser) and a fairly inexperienced director, but the production was handled by Westbrook Entertainment, which is the production company owned by Will Smith and his wife Jada. Thus, it's no surprise that none other that Mr. Smith himself portrayed Richard Williams, which can be seen in the trailer:

How did you like the film, which with almost 2,5 hours was a little on the long side? How did you enjoy the performance of Will Smith, or 15-year old Saniyya Sidney in already her third Sneak film role as Venus, 14-year old Demi Singleton as Serena and of course Aunjanue Ellis as mother Brandy. And what about the tennis training and match scenes, did you enjoy them or found them tedious? I hope we can all agree that Christopher Wallinger looked nothing like John, McEnroe, though. :wink:
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Macao
mySneak Aficionado
Re: #1348 King Richard

Beitrag von Macao »

Ich fand den Film sehr unterhaltsam und Will spielte mMn gut.

Die eine Szene in der ihm seine Frau erklärt, dass sie auch ihren Anteil hatte hat mich sehr an Fences erinnert. Da gab es so eine Szene auch.

-> 2
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this. -- Emo Phillips
Antworten