#1346 Spencer (2021)

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1346 Spencer (2021)

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

"Spencer" is the second english-language biopic of Chilean director Pablo Larraín after #1148 "Jackie"; both films share other similarities, like the use of music, the lavish set design, and the focus on a few crucial(?) days in the life of their main subject. Whereas in "Jackie" dealt with the immediate aftermath of the JFK assasination, this one recounted christmas party at the Windsor's back in 1991, the year before Diana and Charles split up after a scandalous book detailing their marriage woes was published. Here's the trailer for "Spencer":

And how did you enjoy this at times surreal and bizarre tale which was labeled "a fable from a true tragedy". How did you like the perfomances, first and foremost of course by Kristen Stewart as Diana herself, but also Sean Harris and in small but significant roles as chef Darren and maid Maggie? And how did you find the once again very slow storytelling of the film? Please let us know in a reply to this posting.

Oh, and Merry Christmas!
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1346 Spencer (2021)

Beitrag von Roughale »

Another borefest...

Nicht soviel schöne Landscahft aber dafür eine überzeugend spielende Stewart, die auch nichts dafür kann, dass man ihr drei Tage der wirren Spekulationen über ihren Geisteszustand vorgesetzt hat...

Der grösste Kritikpunkt, auch wenn das eventuell beabsichtigt war, waren die Darstellungen der anderen bekannten Personen, besonders Charles, dessen Ohren mindestens doppelt so gross sind (ich konnte sie mal aus nächster Nähe begutachten - kein Witz, aber um den ging es ja kaum ;) ), die Queen sah eher aus wie ihre Mum, OK, die Söhne gingen einigermassen, ohne Brille zumindestenms...

Wegen der passablen Stewart geb ich mal ne 5.

Edit: Ganz vergessen: Die Musik war nervtötend!
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Macao
mySneak Aficionado
Re: #1346 Spencer (2021)

Beitrag von Macao »

Ich finde der Film hat die drückende Last der Tradition gut rübergebracht.

Daher hat er genau das geleistet was er wollte für mich eine 2-
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this. -- Emo Phillips
Antworten