#1341 Respect (2021)

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1341 Respect (2021)

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

Oh wait, I don't think the was the kind of respect tonight's sneak film was about... :lol:

No, of course "Respect" was a biopic about the queen of soul, Aretha Franklin. As such, the film chronicled the upbringing and career from childhood until the recording of her most successful album, "Amazing Grace", in 1972; of course, all the big hits of Miss Franklin from that time period were played, not only the title track, but also "Freedom", "Say a Little Prayer" and a number of other songs. That's one reason why the film runs for 138 minutes before Miss Franklin herself accompanies the closing credits - all of her songs before that were sung by lead actress Jennifer Hudson, who the press blurbs claim was selected for this role by Franklin herself before her death in 2018.

Here's the trailer:

And how did you like the film? I know that the reception probably depends on how much you enjoy her style of music, because there's a whole lot of it. But how did you like the lead actors, from Hudson herself to Forest Whitaker as her father, and Marlon Wayans as love interest Ted White, and Skye Dakota Turner as Young Aretha in the first 20 minutes? Tell us what you liked and disliked about the film in a reply to this article.
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
emma
Mistress of Ceremonies
Re: #1341 Respect (2021)

Beitrag von emma »

Kasi Mir hat geschrieben: 2021-11-16 1:37

Danke Danke Danke :D
Die L. emma
You can't not communicate
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1341 Respect (2021)

Beitrag von Roughale »

Der Film stand auf meiner Liste, weil ich Aretha mag und auch bei den Musikbiopics in letzter Zeit viel Gutes sehen konnte, da reiht er sich ein, mit allen Schwächen, die ein solches Biopic halt immer mit sich bringt... Meine liebste Szene war, wie sie den Song beim ersten im Muscls Shoals Studio in Alabama mit der Hausband arrangierte, das wirkte extrem authentisch, was auf viele der Musikszenen zutrifft, besonders die Gospelszenen, die musikalische Exstase war da. Das mag auf viele übertrieben gewirkt haben, ist es nicht, einfach mal an so einem Event teilnehmen, wenn es sich anbietet (derzeit wohl eher nicht :cry: ). Und natürlich der letzte echte nClip der gut gealterten Soullegende - Danke Re!

Die Gesangsleistung von Jennifer Hudson muss ich aber auch noch hervorheben - Hammer!

Da muss sie wieder raus, die 1 - sind ja noch ein paar übrig 8)
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Antworten