#1334 Cry Macho

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1334 Cry Macho

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

What emma told you about the long road of road movie "Cry Macho" to actually becoming a movie is true - at one time, Arnold Schwarzenegger was slated to play the lead role back in 2011; which would have been his first role after being Governor of California. But this wasn't the first attempt to get the production rolling - 20 years earlier, actor Roy Scheider ("Jaws") was cast to play Mr. Milo; both of those productions never got very far, though. Now, Clint Eastwood actually made it happen, two decades after one of the screenwriters - N. Richard Nash, who also wrote the 1975 novel of the same name - passed away, the 91-year old Hollywood legend not only directed "Cry Macho", but also produced it and cast himself in the lead role of aging former rodeo rider Mike Milo, who reluctantly agrees to drive to Mexico to transport the estranged son of his former boss to his ranch in Texas, or at least to the border.

Here's the trailer:

This was the first time in more than 12 years (apart from a cameo in #1047 "American Sniper") we saw Clint Eastwood in front of the camera at the Sneak; how did you like his role, which shares some similarities with the one he played in "Gran Torino"? how did you like Eduardo Minett in his first movie role as rebellious kid Rafo? How did you enjoy the storytelling? Let us know what you thought about "Cry Macho" in a reply to this post.
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1334 Cry Macho

Beitrag von Roughale »

Mit 91 muss man erstmal so eine Leistung abliefern. Die Bilder waren teilweise absolut bestechend, zB die Szene als er den Highway lang fährt und die Pferde nebenher laufen. Klasse! Schauspielerisch sieht man ihm das Alter an, auch die Stimme ist ziemlich dünn geworden, aber er spielt den Charakter sehr glaubhaft und hat gute Partner an seiner Seite, der Junge machte einen guten Job, wirkte etwas älter als die angegebenen fast 13 Jahre, aber manchmal täuscht das in dem Alter. Der Star war die Titelfigur Macho.

Ein Feel Goof Movie nach einem bescheidenen Tag, das hat eine 2+ verdient...
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

Roughale hat geschrieben: 2021-09-28 8:47 der Junge machte einen guten Job, wirkte etwas älter als die angegebenen fast 13 Jahre, aber manchmal täuscht das in dem Alter.
Soweit ich das auf die Schnelle recherchieren konnte, ist Eduardo Minett im Februar 2006 geboren, also aktuell 15 1/2 Jahre alt. Der Film wurde im November/Detember 2020 gedreht, zu diesem Zeitpunkt war er also noch 14. 8)
emma
Mistress of Ceremonies

Beitrag von emma »

Kasi Mir hat geschrieben: 2021-09-27 23:47 What emma told you about the long road of road movie "Cry Macho" to actually becoming a movie is true - at one time, Arnold Schwarzenegger was slated to play the lead role back in 2011;
Nope, as far back as 2003:

"The reason Schwarzenegger's movie went unmade was because recall campaign to unseat Grey Davis as California governor ended up being successful, giving him bigger things to focus on. The decision was made to place the project on hold. In 2011, following the completion of Schwarzenegger's terms as governor, Cry Macho was moving forward again, only to be derailed by a high-profile personal scandal involving the action icon."
https://screenrant.com/cry-macho-movie- ... ent-reason

But who am I to argue with Kasi Mir when it comes to numbers :D
Die L. emma
You can't not communicate
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

emma hat geschrieben: 2021-09-28 12:28
Kasi Mir hat geschrieben: 2021-09-27 23:47 What emma told you about the long road of road movie "Cry Macho" to actually becoming a movie is true - at one time, Arnold Schwarzenegger was slated to play the lead role back in 2011;
Nope, as far back as 2003:

"The reason Schwarzenegger's movie went unmade was because recall campaign to unseat Grey Davis as California governor ended up being successful, giving him bigger things to focus on. The decision was made to place the project on hold. In 2011, following the completion of Schwarzenegger's terms as governor, Cry Macho was moving forward again, only to be derailed by a high-profile personal scandal involving the action icon."
https://screenrant.com/cry-macho-movie- ... ent-reason

But who am I to argue with Kasi Mir when it comes to numbers :D
No, credit where credit is due - I didn't know that the Arnie version of that film was actually started twice. That means that Clint succeded with the 4th try to get this movie made. 8)

Cheers
Kasi Mir
Antworten