#1315 The Outpost (2020)

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1315 The Outpost (2020)

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

To first reveal who I was talking about before the film, when I said it featured three (grand)sons of famous actors and directors, I was of course talking about Scott "son of Clint" Eastwood, Milo "son of Mel" Gibson and Will "grandson of Sir Richard" Attenborough, who all played (what else was there?) soldiers in Rod Luries "The Outpost", a recount of a real-life episode of the war in Afghanistan which happened in 2009 and inspired CNN anchor Jake Tapper (who could be seen interviewing surviviors of the battle during the closing credits) to write the non-fiction book "The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor" recounting the events. That book - and the aforementioned interviews - were the sources for screenwriters Paul Tamasy and and Eric Johnson (#0850 "The Fighter") and their screenplay; Lurie - who previously directed the military prison drama #0368 "The Last Castle" and the political intrigue of #0395 "The Contender", turned this into his third outing at our sneak. Here's the trailer for "The Outpost":

How did you like the film which split rather obviously into two fairly different one-hour parts? How did you like the characters, played by the the actors listed above, but also Caleb Landry Jones (whose real-life counterpart co-produced the film) and Orlando Bloom? And if you left before the film was over, what prompted you to do so? Please write down your thoughts about "The Outpost" as a reply to this (not out-)post. Pardon the pun.
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1315 The Outpost (2020)

Beitrag von Roughale »

(Dieser) Krieg, (dieser) Kriegsfilm, diese Bewertung - alles sinnlos...
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Deal
mySneak Novice

Beitrag von Deal »

I was angry about the worst helicopter animations. And how they used music in the end was not my taste. And many other details. When I am angry about details, something more is wrong with the movie. It was a good story. Especially for the U.S. army. No reflection except in the end, when the documentation began. I love "Full Metal Jacket", "Dunkirk" and "Apocalypse Now". All war movies. But this was an army film. Not a film about war.
Macao
mySneak Aficionado

Beitrag von Macao »

Ich habe die meisten Problem mit dem Wort "Valor".

Wie kann man bei dem Unterschied an Ausrüstung und mit der Tatsache, das die Amerikaner die Eindringlinge sind, von Tapferkeit sprechen?
Der Film blendet zu viel aus.

Es gab zumindest einen Soldaten mit posttraumatischer Belasungsstörung. Ist das jetzt ein Fortschritt?

-> 5
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this. -- Emo Phillips
Antworten