#1274 The Public

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1274 The Public

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

After 636 sneaks, former "brat pack" star Emilio Estevez (son of Martin and brother of Charlie Sheen) returns to this event with his latest directorial effort. As with "Bobby" (Sneak #0638) - his 2006 retelling of the Robert F. Kennedy assassination - he has assembled a big ensemble of actors (including several well-known ones) for a story that this time does not center around a hotel, but rather a public library involutarily doubling as a homeless shelter. Estevez got the idea for "The Public" from a 2007 newspaper article about librarians who, due to homeless people outnumbering the available shelter beds by quite some margin, have found themselves in the unenviable position of becoming de-facto untrained social workers. In the end, it took more than a decade to complete the script (once again written by Estevez himself), secure the financing, and actually film the whole thing.

And the trailer looks like this:

How did you enjoy "The Public"? How did you like the characters and their portrayals bei Estevez, Jena Malone, Alec Baldwin, Christian Slater, Gabrielle Union, Jeffrey Wright and many, many more? What about the main stand-off between the homeless occupiers and the authorities, and the subplots that evolve around it? Just write down you thoughts about the film in a reply to this post - and don't forget to return your overdue books. ;-)
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1274 The Public

Beitrag von Roughale »

Hat mich leider nicht angesprochen und es gab zuviele Gründe nicht zu bleiben, daher nichts von mir, well, sort of ;-)
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Macao
mySneak Aficionado
Re: #1274 The Public

Beitrag von Macao »

Das Thema Obdachlosigkeit unterhaltsam dargestellt. Natürlich wurden einige Sachen weggelassen, aber ein Film muss ja auch nicht vollständig sein. Wichtig ist, dass dieses Thema nicht aus der Öffentlichkeit verschwindet.

-> 2
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this. -- Emo Phillips
Antworten