#1258 The Sisters Brothers

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1258 The Sisters Brothers

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

Mais que'est-ce que c'est ça? Un western réalisé par un parisien et tourné en Espagne et la Romanie? Pardon my french, but even though the events of "The Sisters Brothers" transpire in the pacific west (mainly Oregon and California) and are based on the sophomore novel by Patrick deWitt, who was born in Canada but resides in Oregon, the film is a truly european affair. The director, paris-born Jacques Audiard, chose "The Sisters Brothers" for his first english-language film after rising to fame in France (and in arthouse circles) with movies like "Un prophète", "De rouille et d'os" and "Dheepan". He adapted the novel himself with help from
his frequent collaborator Thomas Bidegain. After securing the funds from numerous european production companies (including some TV networks), he filmed the action mainly in Spain and Romania, with the small parish Grayan-et-l’Hôpital in Gascony standing in for the pacific coast. These locations seemed to offer the perfect backdrop for the darkly comic tale of two brothers named Sisters who were in the business of killing people.

And in trailer-form - pardonez-moi, bien sûr je voulais dire "bande annonce" - that looks like this:

How did you like this ballad of two hitmen? What about the performances by John C. Reilly as a despirited assassin and Joaquin Phoenix as his trigger-happy brother, or Riz Ahmed as their mark and Jake Gyllenhaal as a conflicted scout? How did you like the scenery, or the roadmovie-like plot? Just write down your thoughts about "The Sisters Brothers" in a reply to this post, no need to leave messages at small-town saloons. 8)
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Macao
mySneak Aficionado
Re: #1258 The Sisters Brothers

Beitrag von Macao »

Ein toller Film über den Sinn des Lebens.

-> 1
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this. -- Emo Phillips
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies

Beitrag von Roughale »

Ich weiss nicht, was ich schreiben soll, Macaos Sichtweise klingt nachvollziehbar, wollte sich mir aber gestern irgendwie nicht erschliessen und deswegen wollte der Film bei mir irgendwie nicht zünden - obwohl so viel dafür gesprochen hätte, tolle Cast, schöne Bilder, ordentliche Härte, ein Western - das passt doch. Aber dagegen sprach wohl die relativ anstrengende Erzählweise (ich muss da meiner Müdiglkeit wohl die Hauptschuld geben!) und die zwischenzeitliche Leere in der Handlung. Wahrscheinlich lag s eher am Tag als am Film, dass er bei mir nicht über eine 3 hinauskommt - schade eigentlich...

PS: Hand auf's Herz, wer hat Rutger Hauer erkannt? Wenjn ich den erkannt hätte, wär die Bewertung viel besser geworden :mrgreen:
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
rou
mySneak Aficionado

Beitrag von rou »

Langweilig. Western mag ich sowieso nicht, aber dann auch noch welche ohne Inhalt. Sinn des Lebens? Weiß nich. Hat mich kalt gelassen.
How can you read when you're blind?
Antworten