#1248 BumbleBee

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1248 BumbleBee

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

It was more than a decade ago that Hasbros toy robot action figures made their live-action debut in Michael Bay "Transformers" (Sneak #0659) - which was voted by you (much to my dismay 8) ) to be the second-best sneak movie of 2007, just above "Hot Fuzz"(!). Well, in that eleven years, Bay made four sequels which made more than four billion dollars worldwide. So it's no surprise whatsoever that Paramount wanted to continue the franchise even after Michael Bay finally retiring from it.

The first of those new "Transformers" movies is actually a prequel, and while Bay is still listed as a producer, the film is very much its own thing, starting with the writing. After films written by what feels like a basketball team full of screenwriters, this one is credited to one person only, the relative unknown Christina Hodson who'd previously written only two low-grade thrillers. Directing feel to Travis Knight in what is his live-action debut, having previously only worked on animation projects like "Paranorman" and "The Boxtrolls". For his only directorial effort, "Kubo and the Two Strings" (Sneak #1136) he got nominated for an Oscar and actually won the british BAFTA award for "Best Animated Feature".

"BumbleBee" as a trailer looks like this:

And how did you like this origin story about the most popular of the Transformers? How did you like the action, the 1980s throwback, and the human performers, most notably Hailee Steinfeld as the protagonist Charlie, and John Cena as Agent Burns? Plus, how do you compare this take to the five Michael Bay "Transformers"? Just write down your thoughts in a reply to this post - no need to make a collage of audio soundbites ... :wink:
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1248 BumbleBee

Beitrag von Roughale »

Transformers halt, Zielgruppe Jungs von 10-12 - wenigstens nicht ganz soviel Armeewerbung wie in Teil 1 und 2, aber grösstenteils empfand ich den Film als Beleidigung für denkende Wesen... trotzdem eine 4, das passt nach unten war noch viel Platz offen...
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
emma
Mistress of Ceremonies

Beitrag von emma »

Roughale hat geschrieben:Zielgruppe Jungs von 10-12 -
Nö, Mädchen von 10-12.
Die L. emma
You can't not communicate
Macao
mySneak Aficionado

Beitrag von Macao »

+ Aufbrechen der Rollenklischees
+ Es gab Action (also keine R Fragen erlaubt. :twisted: )

- Ich war nicht die Zielgruppe
- Langweilig
- Vorhersehbar

-> 4 ist ok
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this. -- Emo Phillips
Antworten