#1240 The Man Who Invented Christmas

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1240 The Man Who Invented Christmas

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

That's the nature of a movie preview - the week before Halloween, we get the first Christmas movie of the season. And once again, it's a biopic which also doubles as a making-of, like we last saw twenty sneaks ago in "Goodbye Christopher Robin". Former crime novelist, historian and University teacher Les Standiford turned to retelling historical events in the early 2000s, choosing subjects from his Florida home, but also more global stories, e.g. about 19th century industrialist Andrew Carnegie - and about 19th century writer Charles Dickens and his most successful book "A Christmas Carol" which was published in 1843. Standiford published his book "The Man Who Invented Christmas" in 2008, which was adapted into a movie screenplay (borrowing liberally from the Christmas Carol itself) by TV writer Susan Coyne. The director, Bharat Nalluri, also mostly works for television, but occasionally does a big-screen feature, most notably "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" a decade ago. And now this one:

So, how did you enjoy this literary making-of? What about the performances, most notably by Dan Stevens as Mr. Dickens himself, but also Jonathan Pryce as his father, and Christopher Plummer as the main character of "A Christmas Carol", Mr. Scrooge? How did you like the storytelling. Please write down your thoughts about "The Man Who Invented Christmas" as a reply to this post - you can publish it here by yourself just like Mr. Dickens published his novel. Actually, much easier! :)
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1240 The Man Who Invented Christmas

Beitrag von Roughale »

A bit in a hassle, but before I forget completely, I better say shortly that I really loved the film, excellently acted, well narrated - for me, simply perfect, so much that I forgot that I normally write in my native togue here LOL "Slippery" 1.
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Antworten