#1230 BlacKkKlansman

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1230 BlacKkKlansman

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

You have to give Spike Lee credit where credit is due - the on-screen message that the film was based on "some fo' real, fo' real sh*t" is not a "based on a true story" notice I have ever read before. "BlacKkKlansman" retells the story of Colorado police detective Ron Stallworth, who almost by accident started an undercover operation infiltrating the local chapter of the Ku Klux Klan of which he became a member - even though he was an African-American. A caucasian collegue posed as him for person-to-person meetings, but on the phone, it was always him - and his phone calls went up to the then leader of the white-supremacist organisation. Now, Lee's adaptation mostly follows the actual events as told by Stallworth himself in his 2014 memoir "Black Klansman", but took some creative license, as our friends at History vs. Hollywood found out. Additionally, the movie's events seem to transpire in the year 1972 (during Nixon's re-election campaign) whereas the actual operation was executed in 1979, and the final phone call between Stallworth and Duke from the movie never actually happened. What Lee added are not-too-subtle references to president Trump's 2016 election campaign slogans, which fits well with a coda showing disheartening news items from 2017.

Here's the trailer for "BlacKkKlansman":

How did you like this newest film from the outspoken director ("Do the Right Thing", "Inside Man")? How did you like the performances from John David (son of Denzel) Washington, Adam Driver and Topher Grace? What did you think about the story, the supporting cast and the recreation of 1970s America? Please share your thoughts about "BlacKkKlansman" in a reply to this post. #forumpostsmatter 8-)

"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Macao
mySneak Aficionado
Re: #1230 BlacKkKlansman

Beitrag von Macao »

Ein Komödie zu einem ernsten Thema.
Schön für das Kinoerlebnis, das sich die harte Realität auf das Ende des Films beschränkt hat.

->2
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this. -- Emo Phillips
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1230 BlacKkKlansman

Beitrag von Roughale »

Mein Wunschfilm und das hat sich mMn auch gelohnt, sich den zu wünschen, auch wenn er recht zäh anfing und am Ende brutal realistisch wurde (was wär es schön wenn dass alles nur erfunden wär! Aber nein, diese Vollpfosten gibt es wirklich,. allerdings auf beiden Seiten, das fand ich etwas zu einseitig dargestellt) - Aber mal abgesehen von dem sehr heissen, bedrohlichen und wieder aktuellen politischen Hintergrund konnte der Fil stark punkten in Sachen Schauspiel und Set Design, Denzels Sohn sieht ihm zwar kaum ähnlich, aber die Stimme war oft erschreckend ähnlich. Er war einfach klasse, aber ebenso waren alle anderen sehr gut, Drivers Potential ist bei Star Wars irgendwie verschenkt, der Typ kann deutlich mehr und hier hat er es mal wieder gezeigt. Lediglich der Dicke mit dem Vollbart war mir etwas zu klischeehaft oberdumm gezeichnet - was nicht heisst, dass er nicht vielleicht sogar die realistischste Darstellung abgegeben hat :lol: Aber ich will mich auf die Politik gar nicht zu sehr einlassen, nicht dass Nazi-Bots angelockt werden :mrgreen:

Fazit: Für mich ein guter SLJ (Spike Lee Joint) aber wegen der Einseitigkeit gebe ich eine winzige Abwertung: 1-
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Antworten