#1150 Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk

This is the place for discussions about recent (and ancient) sneak movies.
Diskutiert hier über aktuelle (oder historische) Sneakfilme!

Moderatoren: Kasi Mir, emma, Niels

Antworten
Kasi Mir
mySneak.de Team
#1150 Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk

Beitrag von Kasi Mir »

No, "Billy Lynn's Long Haltime Walk" is not based on a true story. It's a work of fiction, the debut novel of american author Ben Fountain, which was released in 2012, and received praise both in the US and the UK. The screenplay was written by a first-timer, too, though Jean-Christophe Castelli has worked with Ang Lee on various previous projects.

The publicity surrounding the film focussed much on the technical aspects of the film, which was the first to be shot with 120 frames-per-second, ultra-high definition, high dynamic range digital cameras. Not many people could witness this technical extravaganza, though, as, according to The Hollywood Reporter, there are currently only six movie theaters in the world equipped to show the film in its original format.

This trailer too is just in plain full hd:

How did you like "Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk"? Did you enjoy the technical tricks (as far as they were visible at all on our standard screen)? What did you think's of the performances? Please write your thoughts about the movie down as a reply to this posting - oh, and stop texting already. ;-)
"Sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it."
"My mind has an endless capacity for useless information."
Roughale
Master of Ceremonies
Re: #1150 Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk

Beitrag von Roughale »

Vorab: Kriegsfilme sind nicht mein Ding und oft ist das davorgepappte "Anti" auch nur eine Blendkerze... Leider so auch etwas hier, es gibt kritische Ansätze, aber der für mich widerliche Patriotismus kommt doch immer wieder zu stark in den Vordergrund. Es gab Momente, die gut waren, aber eigentlich passierte garnichts und der Film zog sich öde hin... Ich kann da nur eine 4 geben.
Peace, Roughale (aka Roughoul or AROHYOUGEEAGEAYELEE)
Cleopatra Jones
mySneak Novice

Beitrag von Cleopatra Jones »

Didn't raise my eyebrow .. a 0 out of 10.
Thufir
mySneak Novice

Beitrag von Thufir »

Ein starker Film - und wie mein Sitznachbar anmerkte: Wenn man schon etwas über entwurzelte junge Männer/Soldaten erzählen will, dann so.
Mir gefällt der leise Ansatz, wie nach und nach das furchtbare Dilemma dieser Jungs entblättert wird. Die Satire kommt hier auf leisen Sohlen und entlarvt den Patriotismus als hohle Show - besonders bitter da, wo sich Billys Sehnsucht nach Liebe mit den Phrasen der Cheerleaderin vermischen. Dazu großartige Dialoge, wenn die abgeschmackten Vorstellungen der zivilen Mitbürger auf die erlebte Kriegswirklichkeit der Soldaten prallen - das Lachen bleibt einem im Halse stecken.
Und das ist die eigentliche Kunst des Films: Es ist Satire und dennoch werden die Figuren ernst genommen.
Das hat aber auch viel mit Joe Alwyn als Billy zu tun - großartig! Wo treiben die bloß immer solche Talente auf?
Von mir gibt's eine glatte 1

Flotte Restwoche - Thufir
Macao
mySneak Aficionado

Beitrag von Macao »

Endlich mal ein Film, der die seelische Belastung ernst nimmt.

Schön fand ich auch das Stilmittel der Frontal Kamera.

Gibt es den Film auch mit einem alternativen Ende?

-》 2
I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body.
Then I realized who was telling me this. -- Emo Phillips
Antworten